This Policy, Effective November 7, 2023, applies to Florida Research Institute (“FRI” or “we”), and it governs all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of www.floridaresearchinst.com, you consent to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
- The personal data we collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the collected data;
- The rights of website users; and
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (2002/58/EC). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR defined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
Scope of Policy Application
This Policy applies to information we collect on this website, and in email, text and other electronic messages between you and this website. It does not apply to information collected by FRI offline or through any other means, including any other website operated by FRI or any third party; nor does it apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through this website.
Information We Collect
We only collect data that helps us achieve the purpose set out in this Policy. It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
- Information voluntarily and directly provided by you, which may include your name, address, email address, date of birth, and phone number, which may be used to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting this website, which may include usage details (such as, traffic data and location data), your computer and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system, and browser type), cookies, third-party tracking technologies, and server logs.
It is the intent of our website to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for in this Policy.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, “User Contribution”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the action of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research when we have your consent to do so; and
- To customize this website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
FRI may collect and use personal information to assist in the operation of this website and ensure delivery of the services you need and request. We may sometimes find it necessary to use personally identifiable information to inform you of other possible products and/or services available to you from www.floridaresearchinst.com.
FRI uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. FRI does not claim nor accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices, and/or procedures of other such websites.
Therefore, we encourage all users and visitors to be aware when they leave this website and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only and solely to the information collected by this website.
Disclosure of Information
FRI may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
FRI may also disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide under the following circumstances:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties FRI uses to support its business;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by FRI when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prove or protect the right, property or safety of us, our customers, or others; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event we seek to sell the company (including bankruptcy or liquidation where our business does not continue as an ongoing concern).
FRI greatly respects your privacy. We maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in FRI services). We may use this website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice in certain circumstances.
Appropriateness of Content
This website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not collect personal information from any user that we know is under the age of 16. Some of the content on this website may not be appropriate for children. Parents or guardians are solely responsible for supervising minors’ use of this website. If you are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the “How To Contact Us.”
We use Third-Party Cookies on our website. A cookie is a small file stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also disable cookies entirely in your Internet browser, which may decrease the quality of your user experience.
By using this website, you accept the terms and conditions stipulated within the Policy. If you do not agree with our terms and conditions, you should refrain from further use of our sites.
Changes to this Policy
Residents of Following States
If you are a resident of California, Connecticut, Colorado, Nevada, Virginia or Utah please contact us, for additional rights under the Policy.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Policy related to this website, please feel free to contact us at the following email, telephone number, or mailing address.
Telephone Number: 941.757.4810
Florida Digestive Health Specialists, LLP
10920 Technology Terrace
Lakewood Ranch, Florida 34211