FRI COVID-19 update
Dear Florida Research Institute patients,
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, please know that the safety of our patients, providers and staff is our highest priority. We will continue to monitor and take appropriate precautions, as recommended by the CDC and local/state departments of health.
Our studies are ongoing. Please plan to keep all existing appointments at FRI, unless we contact you directly. We are taking cautionary steps to ensure a safe, healthy environment for our patients and teams. These include:
- Checking the temperature of each patient.
- Requesting every person who enters the facility to wash or sanitize their hands.
- Re-arranging our waiting room to adhere to social distancing recommendations.
- Following up at 7- and 14-day intervals with our patients to ask about any development of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Removing magazines and other shared materials from our waiting areas.
- Cleaning touchpoints in all patient waiting areas regularly throughout the day.
- And, as always, we will continue thoroughly cleaning all equipment after each use.
If you have symptoms (fever, cough or shortness of breath), please immediately contact the Florida Department of Health’s hotline (866-779-6121) for guidance then call us to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for your patience as we work hard to keep our patients and staff safe.
Your team at FRI